Wednesday, September 13, 2006

"The Game Of Hope or Fear" in the Pavilion, Burning Man 2006

Wow, I was only out of it for a week-not bad for Burning Man.
Well, the piece went up and it looked much better than these photos could show. If you were there you know. People really seemed to like the piece-and I know some that loved it. It was fun meeting them all. And our camp was great this year-really good times. And good energy (when we had some). And if you are one of the artists that contributed drawings for the piece and you were there-- first, I hope I did right by your work-- I tried my best to honor all the great contributions and hope you liked the piece, so yeh, again and always, thank you tons for helping to make it. (When I collect myself further I'll post all the names of the artists that participated in the piece as well as info on up-coming showings of it.)
Here are some pics of "The Game of Hope or Fear" as installed in The Pavilion in Black Rock City.
from outside the Pavilion (a glimpse of Alex Grey's back-entrance installaton "suite")
then through to our piece (with some from above on the deck beneath the Man).







THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED, AND EVERYONE THAT LIKED THE PIECE AND SMILED, AND MADE UP THEIR OWN RULES OF HOW TO PLAY THE GAME AND THOSE THAT SAID ALOUD "HOW WAS THIS DONE?!", AND THANKED US.
IT WAS DONE ESPECIALLY FOR YOU!

AND... check out these amazing panoramic shots, sent to us by Gene Cooper, who was involved with the project next to us in the 'pavilion'. Click on "Full Screen", and use your mouse to navigate. Our 'Game' piece appears in the photo third from the bottom...
  • 360 Burning Man Views
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    Go to older posts